Car Insurance and Car Accidents
Car Accident Insurance companies, as with any other insurance company may deserve some of the bad reputations they are getting because we take care of their benefits just like any other private company in any industry. However, they play an important role, especially for people who own a car. Car Accident Insurance protects you financially from future liabilities. It acts like a blanket of security for your finances if you are involved in a car accident. Car Accident Insurance is a contract between you and the insurance company, you pay the insurance company now, pay for your car expenses in the future.
Car Accident insurance There are various types of car accident insurance. Before choosing any type of auto accident insurance, the first thing to do is to check the type of coverage the plan offers. Here are the basic types of auto accident insurance coverage: More here
• Liability Coverage – This is necessary for all car owners in most states. This provides compensation for injuries and property damage caused to third parties. This includes medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Remember, this covers the cost of other people involved, and not yours. Furthermore, it must be to blame for the insurance company to pay.
• Personal Injury Protection – This is optional. No matter who is at fault, this covers medical expenses for both you and your passengers for injuries that they suffered after a car accident.
• Collision – Also optional covers repairs to your car after a car accident. Car Accident Insurance rates vary from case to case.
There are several factors that influence the rates for each person. Here is a list of some of the general factors that are used to determine accident rates Car insurance:
• Age – According to statistics, drivers who are under 30 years are more likely to be involved in a car accident than other age groups. Therefore, the rates of accident car insurance for younger drivers are higher.
• Gender – similar in age, the statistics also show that men are more likely to be involved in a car accident than women. Therefore, men have higher rates for car insurance than women.
• Type of car – the more expensive the car is the higher the rate of car accident insurance will be. Repairs on expensive cars are more costly and have the highest risk of being stolen.
• Location – car accident insurance companies also consider where you live as well. This is because of the risk of increased traffic accidents in highly populated areas.
• Driving Pattern – The more a car is driven, the higher the rate of accidents and car insurance.
What to do after a car accident? Here is a guide of what should do after a car accident:
• Contact your insurance company as soon as possible. There may be a time limit when you can inform the insurance company. Better to be safe.
• Review your insurance coverage.
• Report the incident and obtain a copy of the police report.
• See a doctor and get treated. Obtain a copy of medical records related to your injury.
• Do not make statements to insurance companies, without a lawyer.
• Consult a personal injury attorney to help you get the best from the accident insurance company car.